PROSCI AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND CERTIFICATION
Everything You Need to Know
By Ogbe Airiodion | Senior Change Management Leader
Should You Get a Prosci Certification in Australia or New Zealand (NZ)? Everything You Need to Know, Including How to Get Certified.
Why have Prosci Australia and Prosci New Zealand both become so popular? Why are many organizations now requiring a lot of their New Zealand and Australian change practitioners to become certified in Prosci? Is a Prosci Change Management Certification in Australia & NZ really worth the high cost of $6,195.00 AUD?
Although there are several different Australia and NZ change management certifications to choose from, one reason why Prosci change management certification in Australia and New Zealand has become so popular is that it is based on over 20 years of detailed organizational change management studies, involving how individuals go through a change within an organization.
As stated by Prosci Australia:
“Over the last two-decades, Prosci has studied organizational change implementations, noting what worked and what didn’t work, and why. In the process, we established the Prosci methodology and processes for practitioners to effectively implement successful change. We created repeatable, effective methods for managing the people side of change. Our Prosci change management courses and training programs come from this best practice research based on the experience of thousands of practitioners.”
Prosci claims that they have provided training to over 70,000 individuals who have become certified in the Prosci change management methodologies.
This free guide provides you with a step-by-step overview of everything you need to know to get Prosci certified in Australia or in New Zealand, including the costs for the various Prosci NZ and Australia training programs, the training and certification locations, as well as sample Prosci certification topics you need to be aware of.
We also outline the pros and cons of getting this certificate.
This Guide has Been Designed for?
The AGS Change Management Team has researched and published this complete Prosci Certification guide for the following types of practitioners:
- Those based in Australia, especially those that reside in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart, and Darwin
- Those based in New Zealand who are seeking a Prosci training and certification in New Zealand
- Those based outside of Australia or NZ (in other countries) but are planning to work remotely with organizations in Australia or New Zealand
- Those looking to travel to Australia or New Zealand for change management projects
- Any change practitioner who plans to someday relocate to Australia or New Zealand
Irrespective of your current location, if you are interested in getting Prosci certified in Australia or NZ, then this guide aims to answer all your questions about the process, including whether there is value in getting Prosci certified in Australia.
Prosci Australia Certification Program
Prosci Australia and Prosci New Zealand are the regional entities for Prosci, which is based in the US, and they fall under the US umbrella.
Prosci offers a hybrid change management certification program for NZ and Australian practitioners which involves a three-day in-person and online training options.
This hybrid model offers tremendous flexibility to change practitioners in Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart, Darwin, and other locations in Australia, and those in New Zealand: Napier-Hastings, Dunedin, Palmerston North, Nelson, Rotorua, and other locations in NZ.
On the first and second day of the Prosci training in Australia or New Zealand – for both the virtual and in-person training – the topics listed below will be covered extensively:
On Day 3, Australia and New Zealand practitioners will be trained on how to manage ongoing change within their organizations, and how to reinforce changes after they have been implemented.
Day 3 training will conclude with practitioners taking the Prosci Australia or Prosci New Zealand examination and obtaining their Change Management Certificates.
Prosci Certification (Australia & New Zealand)
Prosci Australia and New Zealand Learning Objectives
If you are interested in knowing what the learning objectives for the Prosci training in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and other regions are, see the below. And then scroll down to the next section which covers the Prosci certificate cost for practitioners in Australia and New Zealand.
In total, the Prosci Australia and New Zealand training program will be 25 hours in length. This includes 21 hours of hands-on instructor-led training and an additional 4 hours of self-practicing.
For the additional 4 hours of self-practicing, you should expect to spend 2 hours between days 1 and 2, and 2 hours between days 2 and 3 outside of class completing assignments.
Below is an overview of the course materials that are provided to Prosci trainees in Australia and New Zealand. These are the same materials provided to practitioners in all other regions.
What is included with your Prosci New Zealand and Australian Certification Cost?
Prosci Australia and New Zealand Certification Cost
The cost for Prosci’s 3-day Australia and New Zealand training is $6,195.00 AUD for individuals and $5,695 AUD for those that are registering as part of a team. The cost remains the same whether you are taking the Virtual or in-person class.
Where Can You Register?
To see which Prosci classes are available and to register, click on the link at the bottom of this section titled “View Training Schedule to Register” or click here: https://www.prosci.com.au/events but first, see the steps below that you need to complete when you visit the Prosci training schedule and registration page.
(1) On the Training Type field, select “Change Management Certification Program”.
(2) For the location you can select “Any” to see all available classes across Australia and New Zealand. You can also select “Virtual” from the dropdown to filter only Virtual classes. In addition, you can select from one of the cities below:
- Surfers Paradise
(3) Next, select the date range for which you would like to receive your Prosci training. Click on the “Date from” field to select the starting date range and the “Date to” to select the ending date, and you will only be shown available classes that fall within those dates.
So, if for example, you are interested in seeing available classes in the month of March, then you will want to select March 1, 2021 (Date from) and March 30, 2020 (Date to), as shown below.
(4) After selecting your Prosci training location in Australia or New Zealand and have selected the date ranges, you click on the View info guide: https://www.prosci.com/hubfs/2.downloads/solutions/data-sheets/Prosci-Virtual-Instructor-Led-Certification-Program-individual-DataSheet.pdf to learn more about the Prosci training curriculum.
(5) After deciding which class to register for, click on Register.
(6) Next you will be taken to the Prosci Australia and NZ registration checkout page below:
(7) If you are an individual, then the rate is $6,195 AUD, but if you are part of a team, then select the team rate of $5,695.
(8) Finally, click on the CHECKOUT link and enter your payment.
Popular Article: Should You Spend $4,400 for a Prosci Certificate? Is it Worth it?
Prosci Australia and New Zealand Reviews: Pros and Cons
- You’ll receive the renowned Prosci change management practitioner certification that is one of the most recognized Australian and New Zealand change certificates.
- More change management job opportunities become available to you in Australia and New Zealand.
- It enables you to increase your change management job performance.
- The Australia and NZ Prosci training are designed for you to leave with a change management plan.
- All course materials are included with the Prosci Australia and NZ certification fees.
- The Prosci ADKAR training is only a 3-day event. This is great because it does not require the level of extensive time commitment that a 3-month change management semester curriculum would require at any Australian or New Zealand 4-year university, or other change management certification institutions.
- The biggest Prosci Australia and NZ training disadvantage expressed by change practitioners is the high cost that you pay to get the 3-day training and certification.
- At a cost of $6,195 (AUD) for individuals, it costs about $2,065 per day for a Prosci change management training in Australia and New Zealand! And $1,898 per day per user at the team rate!
- Other limitations to the Prosci Australia and New Zealand training programs are as follows:
- Limited change toolkits and templates for practitioners. As part of the Prosci training program, you are not provided with end-to-end, free, comprehensive, templates that you can use for conducting your change impacts assessments, readiness assessments, and other change assessments. You also do not have any free change management reporting dashboard analytics for managing all aspects of your change management programs.
- Best methodologies for conducting key change management deliverables like delivering training to impacted users, tracking training successes, and engaging with impacted end-users (the employees, managers, customers, vendors, etc. that will directly be impacted by the change) are not adequately covered during the Australia and NZ Prosci training and certification program.
Read More: Top Project Management Certifications
Conclusion | How to Provide us with Your Prosci Certification Feedback.
Have you completed a Prosci training and certification in the regions below? If so, the AGS Editorial Review Team would love to know your feedback and reviews: negative or positive.
If you live in Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart, Darwin, and other locations in Australia, or in New Zealand: Napier-Hastings, Dunedin, Palmerston North, Nelson, Rotorua, and other locations in NZ and have completed the Prosci certification, we would love to hear your Prosci reviews.
Click here to contact us with your reviews: Contact AGS Review Team.
Free Change Management Templates (Excel, PDF, PPT)
Authors: Ogbe Airiodion (Senior Change Management Lead) and Francesca Crolley (AGS Cloud Content Producer)
Content on Airiodion Global Services (AGS)'s Airiodion.com website is copyrighted. Questions? Contact Airiodion Global Services (AGS) .
Free Change Management Templates (Excel, PDF, PPT)